Friday, October 30, 2009

And Baby Makes Five Part 2

Okay now where was I.

Oh that's right, April talked to Kayla last week and convinced her that we should watch Joslyn while she spends some time getting better.


April had asked me if I was okay with this and of course I said yes. How could I deny this poor child a chance. A chance to live. A chance to survive.


So, April text Kayla and set up a time when she could take her. She went up last week and took Joslyn. You know what I find truly depressing. Kayla didn't even say I LOVE YOU to her child when April Left. I can't even comprehend.......


You know what's even more depressing than that......


It has been about a week and She hasn't called once to see how her baby child is doing.

Nope, not once.

And no she isn't getting better...... just on a drug binge somewhere.


So there you go, now baby Joslyn makes five. No it hasn't been easy. But is life ever really easy.


If you had a chance to save the life of someone who couldn't save their own life, would you?


Wednesday we went to court and filed for guardianship for Joslyn. That was $90 fee to just file.
Is that crazy or what......

We have a court date for November 23rd to find out if we get guardianship. Guardianship lasts one calendar year, so we will have to wait and see. Are we up for adopting Joslyn. So far we are if her mother doesn't get better, and more responsible.


Meanwhile there has been some sleepless nights for April and I. Actually every night except the first night has been broken sleep and quite sleepless.

The other night it got to the point where we were all at our wits end, kids included. It was the middle of the night, Joslyn was crying despite everything we could do, and we all had very little sleep. Sanity was a precious gift we all had very little of.


April was at the point where she was unsure if she could do it......


I said absolutely not! We will not, and would not give up. I told everyone that we would get through, that we could do this. We could save this little girls life, and it would get better once we get her to a normal life.


We all forgot how much work a baby can be. Adding to the problem was Kayla keeping her child up all night partying, exposing her to drugs through breast milk and who know what else.


We are now getting Joslyn into a groove. A normal groove of eating real food, (which judging by her weight, she was NOT eating properly) and sleeping. She gets a lot of attention from all of us and she loves the kids.


Oh did I mention she calls April ma-ma.


While April went to work yesterday I took the kids on a walk to give Joslyn a nap. It was a nice walk, took some pictures and we all got fresh air, and the kids had fun.........


And I got to take some cool pictures........



I love Black and White Photo's............. Its too bad life wasn't that simple.






And Joslyn fell asleep. That was good.

So last night was a pretty good sleep night. April only woke up once. Yippee.

On Monday a DCYF representative is coming to our home. I guess it's mandatory for them to check to make sure we are fit to take care of Joslyn, our home is safe and to get our side of the story.

Wow, I never realized there is so much involved.
Well, that's it for today..... My list of things to do is long and there isn't enough time. Comments are appreciated.
Until later,
And baby makes five..........

No comments:

Post a Comment